Kansas soybean farmers face important issues in the field and the market. Listen to the Kansas Soybean Update, brought to you by the Kansas Soybean Commission, to keep up with the latest in soybean programs, news from the field, and interviews with soybean experts and industry leaders. The weekly, three-minute program helps soybean farmers make informed decisions and learn where their checkoff dollars are going. Catch the Kansas Soybean Update with Greg Akagi on the following stations:
- KFEQ-AM 680, Saint Joseph, Missouri, Monday at 12:25 p.m.
- KSNF-TV 16, Joplin, Missouri, Tuesday at 5:10 a.m.
- KTMJ-TV 43, Topeka, Kansas, Tuesday at 5:10 & 6:10 a.m.
- KKOW-AM 860, Pittsburg, Kansas, Tuesday & Friday at 5:30 a.m., Friday at 3:45 p.m.
- KSCW-TV 33, Wichita, Kansas, Tuesday at 6:10 a.m.
- Cox Communications Channel 22 (Yurview Kansas), Tuesday at 11:40 a.m.
- WIBW-AM 580, Topeka, Kansas, Wednesday at 6:40 a.m.
- KBUF-AM 1030, Garden City, Kansas, Wednesday at 8:52 a.m.
- KXXX-AM 790, Colby, Kansas, Wednesday at 10:20 a.m.
- K-State Radio Network (Agriculture Today), Thursday at 10:40 a.m.
- KRVN-AM 880, Lexington, Nebraska, Thursday at 1:43 p.m.
- KFRM-AM 550, Clay Center, Kansas, Friday at 1:30 p.m.
Soybean Meal Studies
Oct. 14-20: Philip Lobo with USB-Smith Bucklin shares the latest updates on soybean meal.
Commission Elections Process
Oct. 7-13: KDA’s Peter Oppelt explains the election process for the state’s commodity commissions.
Farm to School Month
Barb Depew with the Kansas State Department of Education shares soy’s uses in Child Nutrition Programs for Farm to School Month in October.
Kansas Soybeans as a Food
Sept. 23-29: Loretta Shull of Olathe Northwest High School talks about the Kansas Soybeans as a Food Family and Consumer Science Program.
Farm Safety Week
Sept. 16-22: Dan Neenan of NECAS shares details about National Farm Safety and Health Week.