Yield & Value Contests
The Kansas Soybean Yield and Value Contests are designed to …
- Recognize outstanding Kansas soybean farmers
- Provide a fun incentive for Kansas farmers to increase soybean yields and protein and oil contents
- Share information participants learned to help all Kansas soybean farmers raise higher yielding and more profitable soybeans
The 2020 Kansas Soybean Yield and Value contest entries are due December 1, 2020 and results will be announced at the Kansas Soybean Expo on Wednesday, January 6.
The Kansas Soybean Commission and Kansas Soybean Association thank K-State Research & Extension and AGP for their assistance in conducting the contests and No-Till on the Plains for providing special prizes.
Congratulations to the 2019 state winners
- Dryland – LarMar Inc., Robinson, 94.01 bushels/acre
- Irrigated – Love & Love Farms, Montezuma, 88.82 bushels/acre
- Value – Longenecker Farm, Abilene, 7.2% (66.4 cents/bushel) premium
- Highest protein content – Chris Bodenhausen, Muscotah, 37.3%