Apple Cherry Fold-over Pie
- 2 cups soy-flour blend
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup margarine
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 4–5 Tablespoons ice-cold water
- 3 cups sliced and peeled apples
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy-flour blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In large mixing bowl, cut margarine and shortening into soy-flour blend, and salt with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Add ice-cold water, and mix to make soft pastry dough.
- Roll mixture into an about-12-inch circle.
- Combine apples, cherries, ½ cup sugar, soy-flour blend and cinnamon for the filling.
- Place apple mixture in center of pastry circle.
- Fold the edges of the pastry over the fruit filling; leave about a 6-inch opening.
- Using pastry brush, brush milk on top of pastry dough and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 F for 30–35 minutes; cover and bake an additional 10 minutes until brown.
Nutrition per serving (126 g): 352 calories, 16 g fat, 3 g fiber, 5 g saturated fat, 2 g trans fats, 50 g carbohydrates, 7 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 5 g protein, 32 mg calcium