‘You Choose’ Muffins
- 1¼ cups soy-flour blend
- ¾ cup corn meal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 1 cup soymilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper, grated zucchini, grated carrot, corn
- Combine in large bowl, soy-flour blend, corn meal, sugar and baking powder.
- Add grated cheese and stir.
- Whisk together in medium bowl, soymilk, vegetable oil and beaten egg.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and blend just until ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into greased muffin pan.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon “you choose” vegetable on each muffin and lightly blend.
- Bake at 375 F for about 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
Makes about 12 muffins