- ¾ cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2¼ cups soy-flour blend
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch baking pieces or caramel bits
- In large mixing bowl combine margarine, granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla; mix well.
- Into medium bowl, sift soy-flour blend, baking powder, pumpkin-pie spice and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; stir until blended.
- Stir in caramel bits.
- Drop dough using 1½ -inch scoop about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 13–15 minutes or until edges are golden-brown. Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before removing cookies to cooling rack.
- ¼ cup margarine
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons soy milk
- ¼ cup chopped, honey-roasted soy nuts (optional)
- In medium saucepan, combine margarine and brown sugar; heat until mixture boils. Lower heat.
- Continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat.
- Place powdered sugar in mixing bowl; add brown-sugar mixture and beat with electric mixer.
- Add soy milk for desired frosting consistency.
- Frost cookies, and sprinkle with chopped, honey-roasted soy nuts.
Makes 4 dozen cookies
Nutritional information per serving (1 cookie / 43 g): 166 calories; 6 g fat (2 g saturated); 8 mg cholesterol; 129 mg sodium; 26 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 2 g protein