Ladies Luncheon Edamame Salad
- 4 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups shelled edamame, cooked and cooled
- 1½ cups chopped ham (sauté in skillet for smoky flavor)
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup salted sunflower-seed kernels
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
Combine white vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in small saucepan. Simmer until sugar is dissolved. Pour cooled mixture into jar or container with tight-fitting lid. Add vegetable oil, and shake to blend. Refrigerate until ready to use.
In large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, edamame, ham, cranberries, sunflower-seed kernels and red onion. Drizzle dressing as desired over salad. Lightly mix.
Nutritional information: 675 calories; 44 g fat (6 g saturated); 54 mg cholesterol; 1,548 mg sodium; 44 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 33 g protein